tisdag 2 juli 2013

Model's Own - Pinky Brown... and a book haul!

I must learn that I don't like pink. I should repeat it as a mantra every evening a hundred times before I go to sleep: "Don't buy pink; don't buy pink, don't buy pink". In my defense, Model's Own looked more brown in the pictures I googled, and at certain angles (like in my last two pics), this is a gorgeous shade. A lot of the time though, it's a purplish pink. There's just no way around that. Three coats. Poshé. Don't get any of that glitter where it shouldn't be. That's all I'm saying.

I also got some time off from being a family gal this morning and I chose to spend that time at my favourite book shop! I came away with five exciting reads! The End of Men by Hanna Rosin is bound to be interesting, and it's been too long since I read something feminist! Sweet Tooth by Ian McEwan for when I want to feel smart AND entertained at the same time. The (Honest) Truth About Dishonesty by Dan Ariely - his Predictably Irrational was one of my favourite books the year it came out so this one wasn't hard to pick! Tigers in Red Weather by Lisa Klaussman - rich people at the beach; page-turner; things coming undone - well, that sounds like a beach-read to me! We just need the beach weather here in Sweden too, and I'll be all set! Last but not least - some short stories by Junot Díaz of Oscar Wao fame (This Is How You Lose Her)

Since I'm not the freakish five-books-a-week-reader I used to be, these will last me a while. Now I just need to decide which one to start out with!









Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar